OKState.edu: “The [Veterans Colony] Administration Building, located at 831 Southeast 172 Road, is a one-story building, situated at the peak of a rise after entering the colony. Constructed in 1935, the building is the work of the Works Progress Administration.”
“The method of construction, contribution of materials, and sources of labor were standard operating procedures for the WPA throughout the nation. WPA buildings are significant as the program through which t hey were funded significantly reduced the economic and social distress of the national depression of the 1930s. T he Administration Building provides a legacy to the WPA through recognizable architecture by its type, style, scale, mate rials and workmanship. The Administration Building is significant as an excellent local example of WPA constr uction in Latimer County.”
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on July 31, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE