The concrete structure football stadium was begun in 1937 with a capacity for 18,000 (Sansing) or 24,000 (Oxford Campus and University Buildings). The new stadium was proposed as a WPA project in 1936, and completed in 1941. The west side was completed in 1938 (Walton).
Oxford Campus and University Buildings. Retrieved from catalog.olemiss/edu/university/buildings. Sansing, D. S. (1999). The University of Mississippi: A Sesquicentennial History. Jackson, MS: University Press. Walton, G. W. (2008). The University of Mississippi: A Pictorial History. Nashville, TN: Booksmith Group.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on February 8, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE