Home Economics Building
A large, Colonial Revival building, built to house the Home Economics department of what was then known as Rhode Island State College. It is built of Westerly Granite, then the dominant building material on campus. The building, designed by Monahan & Meikle of Pawtucket, was built between 1936 and 1937. It is one of three buildings built by the PWA on campus.
Page 39, Rhode Island: State-Owned Historic Properties. Published in 1989 by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission. http://www.uri.edu/home/about/history_timeline.html
Project originally submitted by John P. on February 15, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE