Weir Memorial Hall
The Student Union Building was completed in 1939 on the campus of the University of Mississippi. It housed the bookstore, university post office, a grill, game room, barbershop, clothing store, and several meeting rooms (Sansing, 1999, p. 254). The Greek Revival style building was used as the student union building until 1973. It was renovated in 2004 and is currently used by the Computer Science Department and houses a student computer lab.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database. Sansing, D. G. (1999). The University of Mississippi: A Sesquicentennial History. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on September 7, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE