The CWA and ERA completed repairs and improvements in state institutions across Mississippi in 1934 and 1935. At the University of Mississippi, the interior and exterior of two women’s dorms were painted, music hall and campus residence were repaired and repainted, and six other buildings improved. In addition, a new warehouse was constructed, fence, walks and press booths for the athletic field added, drainage structures installed across campus, 525 feet of sidewalk laid, and a dorm destroyed by fire was razed and material salvaged. The total expenditure for the work was $24,043.23.
$220,000 is Expended on State Repair Work for First Two Months. (Sep 28, 1934). Clarion-Ledger, p. 18.
Allocation of Funds is Made. (Oct 11, 1934). Clarion-Ledger, p. 14.
Improvements by ERA and State Program Completed. (Mar 14, 1935). Clarion-Ledger, p. 3, 5.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on November 18, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE