Project type: Colleges and Universities, Education and Health
Designers: R. W. Naef
Contractors: W. J. McGee and Son
Marked: NoView Project in a Separate Window
Barnard was built in 1938 as a women’s dormitory, and attached to existing dormitory Isom Hall, built in 1929. It is currently used to house ROTC at the University of Mississippi. It is defined as a “contributing building” in the historic center of the campus (Master Plan 2009, University of Mississippi).
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database. Walton, Gerald W. (2008). The University of Mississippi: A Pictorial History. Nashville, TN: Booksmith Group. Master Plan 2009, University of Mississippi.
Project originally submitted by Susan C. Allen on August 6, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE