Project type: Colleges and Universities, Education and Health
Designers: R. W. Naef
Contractors: W. J. McGee and Son
Marked: YesView Project in a Separate Window
Somerville was built in 1938 as a women’s dormitory under Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works (which later became the PWA) Mississippi Project 1216-DS. It currently houses the English faculty and the Center for Writing and Rhetoric on the University of Mississippi campus. It is identified as a “contributing building” in the historic core of the campus.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Historic Resources Inventory database. Master Plan 2009, University of Mississippi. Gerald W. Walton. (2008). The University of Mississippi: A Pictorial History. Nashville, TN: Booksmith Group.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on November 20, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE