“Congress granted permission for universities to use Works Progress Administration funds for fraternal housing. The Sigma Alpha Epsilon House, occupied in the fall of 1935, was the first built on Fraternity Row after the ban on fraternities and sororities was lifted. It burned in 1953” (Walton, 2008, p. 160).
Walton, G. W. (2008). The University of Mississippi: A Pictorial History. Nashville, TN: Booksmith Group.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on February 11, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE