United States Patent Office c. 1880
A 1933 Washington Post article reported $1,020 in unspecified repairs planned by the Public Works Administration (PWA) for the United States Patent Office. The old patent office, which was constructed from 1836 to 1865, is now the home of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and the National Portrait Gallery.
“District gets $325,000 fund for building,” Washington Post, September 8, 1933, p. 22
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on March 19, 2015.
Additional contributions by Richard Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE