Federal Office Building 3Source: United States Census Bureau
This large office building in the Suitland Federal Center –also known as Federal Office Buildings #3 – was constructed by the Public Building Administration (a branch of the Federal Works Agency) in 1941-1942 to be the headquarters of the U.S. Census Bureau, which remained in the building until 2007.
Unfortunately, due to deterioration, the building was demolished a few years after that.
Historical report from the Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties (http://mdihp.net/).
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on May 25, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE