U.S. Court House and Post OfficeSource: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 2, Folder G
This three-story example of Classical Revival architecture was designed by Edgar Love; Miller, Martin & Lewis. The building, which was constructed and completed in 1936 and which no longer houses a post office, became listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981. It is still in use by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
http://www.gsa.gov/portal/ext/html/site/hb/category/25431/actionParameter/exploreByBuilding/buildingId/668 http://www.fjc.gov/history/courthouses.nsf/getcourthouse?OpenAgent&chid=431CE70E6D92EB708525714F006A2D5C http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Courthouse_and_Post_Office_(Huntsville,_Alabama)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 4, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE