U.S. Post Office and CourthouseSource: J Gallagher
The Great Falls Post Office and Courthouse was built in 1912. It was designed by James Knox Taylor and reflects Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals architecture and Second Renaissance Revival architecture. A New Deal extension was completed in 1938 with James Knox Taylor as the supervising architect.
The building has historically served — and still does — as a courthouse and as a post office. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
http://www.fjc.gov/history/courthouses.nsf/getcourthouse?OpenAgent&chid=FE32135C683083FE8525718B00685ADA http://pdfhost.focus.nps.gov/docs/NRHP/Text/64000442.pdf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Post_Office_and_Courthouse%E2%80%93Great_Falls
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on October 4, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE