Tyler Little Theater West SidePhoto: Larry D. Moore CC BY-SA 4.0 June 22, 2019
The Tyler Little Theater opened on May 16, 1939. It was built with funds from private donations, the City of Tyler and the Works Progress Administration. Designed by in the late Art Deco style by architect Shirley Simmons and constructed by R.L. Clanahan, the brick building featured two auditoriums.
When World War II began, there were no longer enough men to continue performances and the theater shut down. The building is currently used as a church.
City of Tyler: (https://www.cityoftyler.org/Portals/0/Documents/Historic%20Preservation/Landmark%20Applications/Tyler%20Little%20Theater%20LL.pdf), accessed July 2019.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on July 14, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE