Contact station, Tuolumne Meadows campground - Yosemite National Park CA
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) constructed the Tuolumne Meadows campground in 1933-34 and added a “contact station” or entrance station in 1936.
The building is done is classic National Park rustic style, with massive boulder walls.
An entrance kiosk has been added to the campground in recent years.
John Broesamle book manuscript and interview, 2022.
Project originally submitted by John Broesamle on January 15, 2022.
Additional contributions by Richard Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE