From 1938 to 1939, the WPA constructed the first nine holes of the Tri-City Country Club golf course. From the course website: “The original Twin City Golf Club was formed in 1938. Back then the city of Kennewick purchased the property known as Hover’s Fountain Park from the KID for $100 for the purpose of creating a golf course. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) worked with the members of the Twin City Golf Club built the original 9 hole course. Kennewick specified in the first lease to the club that none of the materials or labor had been provided by the city for the new course. The original lease with the city required that the course should always allow for public play.”
National Archives and Records Administration, Records of the Work Projects Administration, Information Service, Primary File, 1936-42, Box 20, Folder 350-A. Tri-City Country Club website
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on July 9, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE