Town Hall - Midway UT
The Midway Town Hall, originally the Midway Recreation Center, was constructed with Works Progress Administration (WPA) funds and local labor in 1941.
The building reflects the popular style of Midway, which early on adopted a Swiss look to go with the combination of the Wasatch Mountains to the west and the main local industry in the Heber Valley, dairy cattle. It has characteristics of the Arts and Crafts and Tudor Revival Styles with its rustic wooden lintels, brackets on the gable ends, steeply pitched roof, half timbering, and scribed wooden pendants, and it is built of local limestone known as Pot Rock. It was designed by Claude Shepherd Ashworth and built by Fredrick O. Hauter.
The Town Hall is located on the site of Old Fort Midway in the center of the town along Main Street.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 21, 2016.
Additional contributions by Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE