Former Edison Elementary
“Funds from a Public Works Administration grant were used to restore the new two story structure after the big earthquake in 1933.”
Originally built in 1911 as West Altadena School, additions added in 1914, rebuilt in 1926 as Thomas A. Edison Elementary, additions added in 1949, rebuilt following the 1971 earthquake, and privatized as the Celerity Exa Charter school by the Pasadena School District in 2006.
Altadena's Golden Years: A Pictoral History of the Early Community by Robert H. Peterson
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on December 15, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE