Field HouseField House in Wessington Springs City Park
Built in 1936, as a Worker’s Progress Administration (WPA) building project under President Roosevelt, the Municipal Field House is located in the Wessington Springs City Park approximately one block off of Dakota Avenue. Used yet today, it is the center to the beautiful city park, trees, a ball field, and swimming pool. The Field House is an excellent example of a WPA era project that still functions for its original intent. The Field House was added to the National Registry of Historical Places in 2000.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on November 28, 2021.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE