Mayo Hall 1941
In 1934, East Texas State Teachers College (now Texas A&M University–Commerce) requested $123,000 from the Public Works Administration (PWA) to build a dormitory for male students. A few months later, the PWA approved $106,000 for the project. The college added $10,000 and the groundbreaking occurred in July 1935. The dorm opened a year later.
The university had the building demolished in February 2008.
Reynolds, Donald E. "Professor Mayo's College: A History of East Texas State University" pp 76-77.
(http://dmc.tamuc.edu/digital/collection/historic-et/id/3549/rec/1) accessed June 9, 2018.
Mayo Hall at A&M-Commerce now a memory
(http://ketr.org/post/mayo-hall-am-commercebrnow-memory-0) accessed June 9, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on June 9, 2018.