The Physical Science Building (now Swain Hall West) houses Indiana University’s Physics and Astronomy departments. Estimates for building construction began in 1938, and the building was completed in 1940 by the Federal Works Agency (FWA).
IU Board of Trustee Minutes: http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/iubot/view?docId=1938-06-09.xml&chunk.id=d1e113&toc.depth=1&toc.id=d1e113&brand=iubot&text1=physical%20science%20building&op1=and&op2=and&field1=text&field2=text&field3=text&startDoc=41# IU Building Information: http://buildinginfo.indiana.edu/DisplayBuildingFG.cfm?BuildingCode=BL027
Project originally submitted by Jessica George on November 4, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE