Strong Street PlaygroundStrong Street Playground
Strong Street Playground is located within Old Fort Four Park next to the Jerome Park Reservoir. On June 13, 1941, the New York City Department of Parks announced “the completion, of work on the redesign of a play area on Reservoir Avenue between Strong Street and West 197th Street, [t]he Bronx. This property was acquired by the Department of Parks in 1935, at which time it was graded and provided with see-saws and swings by relief workers. The current project represents an amplification of the original work. The area has been paved with a smooth bituminous surface to provide all year round usage. A sand pit and benches have been added, and new boundary fencing together with a new entrance on Strong Street have been installed. All work was performed by the Work Projects Administration from plans prepared by the Department of Parks.” (https://kermitproject.org)
Project originally submitted by Frank da Cruz on June 16, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE