Looking West on Highland Drive 1940
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) paved streets on the south side of Palestine, Texas in the fall of 1940. Some of the streets paved were Angelina Street, Michaeux Avenue and Highland Avenue. The WPA used an iron ore base with an asphalt top.
Note cards on historical photographs from the National Archives and Records Administration digitized by the Historic Sites and Structures Program, Texas State Parks (Texas Parks and Wildlife Department) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157666472016086/with/26093516546/), accessed March 27, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on March 28, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE