Addison Stone Cottage in 2018
The Stone Cottage in Addison, Texas, originally called the Addison Community Building, was built by the Work Projects Administration (WPA) between 1939 and 1940 as the permanent meeting place for the Addison Home Demonstration Club. The official project number was 65-1-66-362.
The building originally cost $4,600, which the Addison Home Demonstration Club helped raise through bake sales. The building is rock veneer construction on a concrete foundation. It had a kitchen, restrooms and fireplace.
The building was the original home of the Addison Centre Theatre until it fell into disrepair. In 1998 the City Council voted to remodel the cottage at a cost of over$150,000. The building now serves as a popular facility for small meetings and gatherings.
Note cards on historical photographs from the National Archives and Records Administration digitized by the Historic Sites and Structures Program, Texas State Parks (Texas Parks and Wildlife Department)
Addison Comprehensive Plan p. 145
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on August 23, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE