The State School at Ellisville received $15,000 for repairing the boys’ and girls’ dormitories, including roof, floors, windows, and painting. Three employee cottages were improved with painting, woodwork repair, and modern plumbing installation. The grounds were graded and landscaped. The old boys dormitory and old girls dormitory were constructed 1929 and are possibly the dorms that were renovated, and are extant, as are the employee cottages, constructed in 1930.
Allocation of funds is made. (Oct 11, 1934). Clarion-Ledger, p. 14.
Improvements by ERA and state program completed. (Mar 14, 1935). Clarion-Ledger, p. 3.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory. Retrieved Nov. 22, 2019 from:
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on November 23, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE