c.-1906-historic-postcardc. 1906 historic postcard
The State School for the Deaf, originally constructed 1906-1908, removed a wall and rebuilt one wing on the east wing in order to correct surface drainage damaging the wall. The project, financed by ERA and the state legislature replaced glass, plastered walls, and updated electrical and plumbing systems for a total cost of $39,938.25. The facility was demolished in 1951 following the construction of a new school.
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
Mississippi Department of Archives & History. Historic Resources Inventory database. Retrieved October 22, 2019 from https://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/rpt.aspx?rpt=publicPropSearch&Name=&StreetNo=&StreetName=&City=Jackson&County=Any
Improvements by ERA and state program completed. (Mar 14, 1935). Clarion-Ledger, p. 3.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on October 23, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE