Minco OK State Armory
“The Minco Armory was constructed in 1936 by the Works Progress Administration…
The Minco Armory is a one and two-story brick building, with a barrel-roof drill hall at the rear. The front entrance is a single metal door, recessed under an arched surround that has six rows of corbelled brick. The entrance is flanked by four overhead doors, one of which has been bricked in. The armory is decorated by the use of angled and recessed brickwork, with rusticated stone coping and caps.
Also known as the Minco National Guard Armory, this building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. It appears to be vacant at this time…” (waymarking.com)
The armory still has its WPA cornerstone.
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 27, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE