New Dormitories at the University of West Virginia
The Public Works Administration (PWA) funded the construction of two additions on the northern and southern ends of Women’s Hall, housing women’s dormitories at West Virginia University in Morgantown. (Project W. Va. 485.) The building is still in service today as a residence hall, under the name Stalnaker Hall.
The brick structure was built in 1918, and PWA-funded additions were completed in 1935-1939. It is designed in Neoclassical Revival style. Stalnaker Hall was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
National Archives Record Group 135-SAR
National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form, 1983: (http://www.wvculture.org/shpo/nr/pdf/monongalia/85003205.pdf), accessed March 31, 2018.
West Virginia University Libraries: (http://wvhistoryonview.org/catalog/wvulibraries:4712), accessed March 31, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on March 30, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE