South Shore Pavilion
“The magnificent pavilion was built with relief labor in South Shore Park in 1933. It replaced an earlier bathhouse built in 1912. The park is located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the Bay View neighborhood of Milwaukee.”
–Milwaukee County Parks
Contributors Erin TerBeek and Douglas Thompson provided information about the CCC's role in constructing the pavilion. Laurie Muench Albano, "Milwaukee County Parks," Arcadia Publishing, 2007.
Project originally submitted by Erin TerBeek on July 14, 2012.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE