The gym was built by the Works Progress Administration in 1940 for use by the local high school and El Dorado Junior College which shared the building. The gym remains in use today on what is now the South Arkansas Community College campus.
Bridges, K. (2009). El Dorado Junior College. Encylopedia of Arkansas History and Culture. Retrieved from http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=5502. Arkansas's Depression Era Properties, Southwest Region. Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, retrieved fromhttp://www.arkansaspreservation.com/publications/driving-map/southwest.aspx?print=1.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on January 12, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE