This stone cottage was one of a few such buildings at the Sockanosset Training School, and stood until the late 2000s, when the site was redeveloped. The building appears in the FERA record group (135-SAR), but was not among those built by the PWA, as it appears in an 1895 photograph linked below. It is presumably present in the archive because of some repair work at the time of the other work at the site.
Rhode Island: State-Owned Historic Properties (Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission, 1989), pp. 15, 20, 42
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on November 28, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE