Soapstone CCC Camp
The CCC operated camp F-6 on Soapstone Creek near Kamas. The site appears to have served as YMCA Camp Roger since 1948, though the extent to which CCC traces remain is unknown. Based on the link to the “Camp Roger, Then and Now” photograph, the YMCA appears to have occupied already extant cabins in 1948; if these were CCC structures it would suggest they are still in use.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE