Multiple New Deal agencies financed or conducted development or improvement work at what was then known as the State School of Mines and Metallurgy at El Paso (or “School of Mines”), now the University of Texas at El Paso.
The Public Works Administration (PWA) provided funding for the construction of two dorms on campus, while the Works Progress Administration constructed an addition to the chemistry building, graded “drives on campus,” and built an “extension of the power plant at the College of Mines.”
"WPA Finishes 53 Projects," El Paso Times, June 7, 1936 (pg. 13): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/433234517/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 24, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE