Mossville classroom building was constructed 1937 with Public Works Administration (PWA) funds as project W1072. A loan for $14,000 was combined with a grant for $11,454, approved 11/14/1935. The contract was awarded 2/10/1936, constructed begun May 7, and completed January 29, 1937. Architect was Edgar Lucian Malvaney. The building was destroyed 1943.
Report No. 5, Status of Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects. Region No. 3, Mississippi. Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works Projects Division. January 3, 1940, p. 105
Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Historic Resources Inventory. Retrieved from www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural
"More state PWA work is okehed: Final approval is given to twelve more construction jobs. (Nov. 25, 1935). Clarion-Ledger.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on July 5, 2019.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE