School facility, south elevation
The historic school building in Melrose, New Mexico—part of an educational campus which continues to house the community’s schools and district administrative offices—was constructed by the Work Projects Administration (W.P.A.) in 1942. A dedication plaque can be found at the west-of-building-center high school entrance along Missouri Avenue. The facility has since been extensively remodeled.
On-site visit, plaque
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 3, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE