Old school, Madrid, NM
A former stone school facility in Madrid, New Mexico was constructed by the Work Projects Administration (W.P.A.) in 1940. Located by the community’s W.P.A.-built ballpark, the former school is now a privately owned.
Public Art and Architecture in New Mexico 1933-1943: A Guide to the New Deal Legacy, compiled by Kathryn A. Flynn (pg. 167)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 19, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE