Port Chicago Grammar SchoolPort Chicago Grammar School, An Art Deco style structure. Source: (https://www.cocohistory.org/confpic.php?ID=5498) © All Rights Reserved
WPA Project No. 65-3-4455, $3,800, App. Date 1-29-36. “Improvements to the Bay Pt. Schl.”
Port Chicago was renamed in 1931 after being called Bay Point since the late 19th century. Due to its proximity to the the Concord Naval weapons station loading docks, the town was bought up by the Navy and razed in 1969.
WPA Job Cards, Fresno Public Library, San Joaquin Valley Heritage & Genealogy Center.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on November 4, 2018.