School Gymnasium/Auditorium - Elm MottPhoto: Eveline Evans, 06/05/2018, © All Rights Reserved
In 1938, the Works Progress Administration built a gymnasium/auditorium combination for the Elm Mott School. Interestingly, the records show that they put “used” bleachers in the building. This is a two-story, red brick building that now sets behind a locked chain link fence. In 1955, Elm Mott and Lakeview Schools combined to create the Connally School District.
Historic Sites and Structures Program staff of Texas State Parks (Texas Parks and Wildlife Department), McLennan County, Texas, National Archives Record Group 69, WPA photos taken in McLennan County, accessed June 6, 2018.
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on June 5, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE