The schoolhouse in Kim, sited in the Comanche National Grassland, was constructed between 1933 and 1941 by the Civil Works Administration (CWA), the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA), and the Works Progress Administration (WPA). It consists of three buildings: an elementary school, gymnasium, and high school. The buildings are made of local sandstone and materials salvaged from the historic Fort Lyon.
Information Provided by Stephen R. Jones in a report prepared for The Living New Deal.
Project originally submitted by Stephen R. Jones on January 23, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE