Community Center Desdemona
Buff brick building. Main section is two stories, with one story wings on each side. There is a plaque on the main/center section ” Works Progress Administration 1935-1937″
The Desdemona School (grades 1-12) was built in 1922 and expanded as a WPA project completed in 1937. It finally closed in 1969.
The building is now the Desdemona Community Center.
Plaque to right of entrance.
Wood sign out front with Community Center on it.
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on July 15, 2018.