Ellenburg’s historic Northern Adirondack School District building was developed during the Great Depression. Its construction was enabled by a $176,850 federal Public Works Administration (PWA) grant, which covered nearly half of the eventual $396,150 total project cost. Construction occurred between Apr. 1938 and Oct. 1939.
PWA Docket No. NY [W]1502
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 27.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on February 12, 2017.