School District Building #42
School District #42 is a one-story tan brick building with a flat roof. The double-door entrance on the west side is slightly recessed with curved brick walls flanking the doors. The building is in a severe state of disrepair. The original ribbon window units have been partially covered in the past with wood siding, but today, the siding is falling off and many windows are broken. The school is vacant and appears to have been for some time. It is located on the southeast side of town on S. Spiece, between Streets A and B.
The building was constructed as a WPA project in 1937 with an appropriation of $27,850. On the website shown below from the Oklahoma Landmark Database, additional photos can be seen from the survey done in 1987, including a photo of the rear of the building, showing several overhead doors.
Originally posted on Waymarking.com Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on June 28, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE