The Corinth High School was constructed 1938-1939 by Wessell Construction Company as Public Works Administration project W1250. Architects were Stevens and Johnston. The Art Moderne two story brick building was approved 6/22/1938 for a grant of $65,454 toward estimated cost of $145,454. Construction began 11/28/1938 and was completed 11/14/1939. It was expanded in 1954 to add an additional classroom, cafeteria, and band room. It remains in use as the Corinth Middle School.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory, Corinth. Retrieved August 19, 2020 from:
Report No. 5 Status of Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects. Region No. 3 Mississippi. January 3, 1940. Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works Projects Division, p. 106.
Approved PWA Projects Listed for Mississippi. (July 12, 1938). Clarion-Ledger, p. 12.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on August 25, 2020.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE