School Building - Karnes CityPhoto: Eveline Evans, 06/02/2018 © All Rights Reserved
The Works Progress Administration built the Karnes City School Building in 1938-1940. On the SE corner of E Mayfield St & N Browne St is a beige brick, one-story building. It is surrounded by new buildings and it is part of Roger E. Sides Elementary School. It is unclear if the building is still used for instruction. It has a metal plaque to the right of the front door that reads “Work Projects Administration 1938-1940”.
Plaque on building.
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on June 4, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE