Roy Peters Auditorium
“The Alex school complex at 2nd and F Streets is the site of the Roy Peters Auditorium. This brick building was constructed [by the WPA] in 1937 with an appropriation of $20,000.
New aluminum and glass doors have been added, and windows on the south side have been bricked in. A brick extension has been added to the north connecting it to the school.
Dr. Roy Peters, for whom the building was dedicated in 1998, was Superintendent from 1947 – 1961.
Documentation for this WPA Project was found on the Oklahoma Historical Society’s Landmark Inventory: (visit link)” (waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on January 10, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE