Tullahassee School Remains
This attractive stone school and gym were constructed by the WPA in 1939. The 1985 Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory described the structure while it was still in use:
“Designed as a six classroom/gymnasium structure, the Tullahassee school and gymnasium is rectangular (160′ x 49′) in shape and is constructed of uncut and uncoursed native sandstone. The roof is gabled with one step, and an intersecting gable with valleys extends over the recessed entryway to the classrooms.”
The structure burned sometime between 2010 and 2013. As of late 2013, parts of the structure were still standing, while others were in ruin. The current status of the remains is unknown to the Living New Deal.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE