Located in a west Texas rural farm community, the Eola School was built in two phases. The first section, a stucco building housing classrooms and an auditorium, was constructed in 1928. A 1939 WPA addition substantially enlarged the school by adding three rooms and a limestone and brick barrel vault gymnasium. WPA work also included a 3.5-foot tall limestone wall around the property and two concrete water tanks. The Eola School closed in 1983. The building now houses the Eola School Restaurant.
Eola School, Concho County, Texas National Register of Historic Places nomination form, 2005, Texas Historical Commission Still photographs, Record Group 69-PT, Boxes 1 through 4, National Archives and Records Administration, College Park, Maryland
Project originally submitted by Jennifer Carpenter on December 6, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE