Union Township School #2 was constructed in 1936 as a New Deal project, with funds from the Public Works Administration (PWA). The PWA provided a $17,976 grant for the project, whose total cost was $39,948. The building was destroyed by fire in 1988.
PWA Docket No. OH [W]1219
Source: National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 69.
http://www.oldohioschools.com/vanwert_county.htm (accessed Apr. 2018)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 1, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE