The school was originally founded in 1888, but was heavily damaged in the 1933 Long Beach Earthquake. Beginning in 1933 most of the facilities were rebuilt by the WPA.
"The school has tiled roofs, arched hallways and red brick hallways. Its 350 seat auditorium with balcony is decorated with murals."
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE