Originally painted for the library, this mural “Westward II” by Conrad Buff was relocated to the Barnum Hall auditorium. It is now awaiting a new location. It was painted in 1935, most likely under the WPA’s Federal Art Project like the other art projects at the school.
Originally posted in the New Deal Art Registry: http://www.newdealartregistry.org/
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE