A 160 foot wire and wood suspension bridge over the San Rafael river at Buckhorn Wash. The bridge was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in 1937, and dedicated by then Utah Governor Henry H. Blood. The Swinging Bridge was the only bridge over the river until the early 1990′s when a new concrete bridge was built next to it. It is for pedestrian traffic only.
The area is noted for dinosaur tracks and 2 – 6000 year old pictographs. Because of the remoteness of the location, it is only possible to visit with 4WD vehicles.
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on January 27, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE